First, we want to thank all our supporters and distributors who have hung with us during these turbulent times. It is because of you that we are fighting so hard to get up and going again. So, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you!
Second, the news...
We are currently in discussions with several cities. After our initial Facebook post, identifying three potential cities interested in attracting Skull Coast, we have heard from three more. One is South Carolina, and the other two are in North Carolina.
Over the course of this process, we have learned a great deal:
1. There is a huge supply of industrial space available in certain markets;
2. Some of this industrial space is located within economic zones with financial, tax and job benefits;
3. Space is not the only concern in considering a site: plumbing, electrical, gas, signage restrictions, and foot traffic also play a huge role;
4. The ability to expand within the space is crucial;
5. The willingness of the city and county to fast-track the permit process is necessary; and
6. Finding a landlord, architect and general contractor willing to partner with you to create a practicable and unique space able to attract craft beer drinkers is key!
We are currently weighing all these options while looking at each potential site. How each city responds will determine where we end up.
We'll keep you updated!